Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Sea

Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls ~ Khalil Gibran


The sea, the sea, how miss living by the sea. Listening to the surf as it rolls and crashes, hearing it whistle and fizz as the water rushes through the gaps in the rounded stones, an explosion of froth and spray when it breaks upon mussel covered rocks.


Oh how I yearn to spend more time here! Walking across the damp sand, toes sinking between the bubble wrapped seaweed that's scattered carelessly around, placing my feet into silhouetted imprints until the rippling water covers them as if they were never there...



I can taste salt on the tip of my tongue, my hair thickens as the warm wind whips it around, curling it to my face as I sit on my blanket, arms wrapped around my knees, gazing out to the horizon, thinking, smiling, remembering...


A lone seagull catches my eye as it gently glides, gracefully catching the warm thermal airflow's above, living for the moment, seemingly not a worry in the world.


Oh the sea, how my soul leaps when it it sees you. Next time I won't leave it as long before I visit you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it's very much appreciated x