Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Solitude



"Get outside" she said

And so I did.



I walked and walked the mossy lanes, the only tunes from the wind, my breath and the sound of my own thoughts until...

the words stopped whirling and churning around my head, they settled and slunk away.


I saw the tiny flowers, the mossy banks, the textures and the colour. Colour surrounded me.

Many shades of blue and green, red and purple, sometimes stopping me in my tracks to observe and capture.

Nature wove her magic that autumn morning when I was alone with my thoughts. 

She replaced those dark, negative thoughts with sparkle and light.

Never underestimate the healing power of nature... 



"There are days when soliturde is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall" Sidonie Gabrielle Colette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it's very much appreciated x